Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Things...

Well, I am sucking at this 30 in November deal. I have time to catch up-- I am always stronger in the end, anyways. Whatever that means.... I think it means that I have always been able to cover my ass.

I have found my new crack.. stumbleupon dot com OMGZ. Go. Now. Just GO. It is just what a girl with a boring job needs. Sign up for free, check off your interests, and go "stumbling" and you are directed to all kinds of websites you never knew existed. Then you can "like" them... and you will then have records of where you went and go back to the ones you like! It is a god send.

Turkey day is about to sneak up on us. This year has flown by! Holiday's are always a bit of a struggle in my head. I want to much for Mic and I to have traditions when it comes to holidays... but as great as it is, at the same time, it is sometimes inconvenient to have two families that want to spend time with us on the holidays. So. For Thanksgiving and Easter we go our own ways. For Christmas Eve we spend it with her family and on Christmas day we are with mine. I honestly wish we had a large enough house to have everyone over. That would be my dream. Everyone can bring something... we will host. Over. Done. No more figuring out where we are going... how is everyone getting there? How long will it last because what if the weather is bad and we have to drive all the way back? Is so and so going to be there, what if he drinks too much brandy? UGH. Kinda over it. Though, Thanksgiving is one of my favorites because we can just go and be kinda casual. No gifts... just being thankful for blessings. GIFTS are overrated. UGH. Don't even get me started on that topic.

My "thankful" over the last 12 months.
  • Mic is employed
  • Domestic partnership
  • Domestic partnership benefits at Mic's new employment
  • Rebecca
  • New friendships
  • Medical diagnosis
  • One more year. I am blessed as many people don't make it to 36
  • My job
  • My parents health
  • My parents acceptance
  • Organization

I probably will continue with this list as we get closer to thanksgiving... and it may come in handy when I need more entries to get to 30. See. I cover my arse.

--

Healing prayers to Jude.... The human spirit is stronger than anything that can happen to it. Once you choose hope, anything is possible.

3 comments:

2momswithaplan said...

We are going to my dad's early in the day and then to my cousin's in the evening to spend time with my mom. Holly's dad lives out of state and her mom doesn't speak with her anymore so we lucked out (I guess) and only have one side of the family to go and see.

That's a great list of thanks! I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

CJ said...

Have you ever been to www.fmylife.com?

OMG, it makes you realize how GOOD life is and how STUPID some people are. ADDICTIVE!

* said...

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving to you and yours.