Saturday, April 18, 2009

The first Saturday of many.

We had our first session of Big Biznizz Yoga today. Fact #1: I am fat. There is no way around that. I am trying to do something about it, and I bless all the people that were in that class today with Mic and I. Fact #2: There are some pretty big flexible people in this city. I walked in there thinking. Well.. at least I wont feel out of place. Coming from the least flexible family in the Midwest, I will be in a room of big people that, I understand, WONT be as inflexible as I, but-- taking all things into consideration..wont be like, Bob on the Biggest Loser in terms of flexibility.

I have never seen so many big people twist themselves into a pretzel while laying on their back.. EVER.

I felt like Stretch Armstrong but filled with concrete instead of jelly.

We will go back, though. I wont give up.

And ZUMBA starts on Wednesday. THAT is going to be one for the record books. My goal is to jiggle away the fat. My next goal: to find someone to carry me on their back while they run.

OH! Boston Terrier Foster update #1: We are getting a 5 year old foster named Jack next weekend! He belonged to a nice old couple who totally loved him.. but, unfortunately, they are moving into an apartment, and can't take Jack with them. So, he is coming to our home until we find him a forever family :)

I will post pictures!!!

3 comments:

cindyhoo2 said...

Good job, taking a big step like a yoga class. I found that yoga people are uber supportive. At about my third class people were telling me that they could see improvements and were gald I was sticking with it. I know they lied about seeing improvements but it still helped me feel better. Warning: yoga is totally addictive. You will start to miss it if you miss a class.

Jen said...

Hey Casey. My new blog (from apeaceofus) is dykeevolution.blogspot.com. Thanks again for the kind words. Really. xx

Jen said...

Awesome that you are going to yoga! I've never been but I hear it's great. I'd like to try it one day. How exciting for you!