Tuesday, July 28, 2009

To make her happy....

My gal has simple tastes... I am the most complicated, complex thing that is in her life. AAAAaANNDDD I am pretty sure that will EVER be in her life.. minus the someday kid going through his/her teens. That is going to be tough.

Little things make her happy.

Like camping.


In the time that we have been together, we have never gone camping by ourselves. We have gone in the "little sister role" which is when I go with my siblings and they still view me as 17, so they feel as if they have to take care of everything.. *exhale* so Mic and I drink with my bro-in-laws.

Not quite camping.

But now, I have taken it upon myself to book two glorious (freezing) nights in September at the very extravagant (ahyeah) Lake Kegonsa State Park ... in Stoughton (just south of Madison-- the capital of Wisconsin). Don't worry, peeps. There is electric hook up to blow up the air mattress.

Fun will be had by two.

I am working on the itinerary....

Friday evening...

Arrive.
Immediately spray bug spray.. unless it is too cold for bugs and in that case, put on an extra layer of clothing.

set up tent - swear to god that if there is one spider in it, that I am sleeping in the car, sweep it out, and douse it with bug spray.
start fire
drink rum
Toast Marshmallows.

Saturday morning...
Wake up trying not to think about how f-ing bad I have to pee and then realize it isn't going away, strip from the waste down, and pee in the woods.

laugh at the steam the pee is creating

Get pissed about the piss on my foot.

run back into tent, sleep until it is impossible to sleep anymore

*random fun camping things.. reading.. sleeping.. hiking.. biking.. making out in the woods..*

Dinner-- pizza pudgy pies, desert pudgy pies, and rum

...... repeat for one more day......

fight off crankiness....

go home and shower.

done.

All that for a happy girlfriend.


I think she will enjoy it. Unless it rains, then I am screwed.

5 comments:

cindyhoo2 said...

Camping is such a hassle but I always have the best time. You have made me want to go camping this summer. I am sure that Mic will appreciate the effort. And who wouldn't enjoy all that rum and roasted marshmellows?!

2momswithaplan said...

That sounds like so much fun! You're not screwed if it rains. Just get a rain tarp and string it along the trees to make a roof. We did this one time on our camping adventures and had such a great time camping in the rain.

Jen said...

Awww sounds like fun! Ha. And camping in the rain IS fun, considering there isn't much to do but take naps or have sex :)

Anonymous said...

I don't want to be the only negative commenter...so, "Have a great time. And I'll be thinking of you as I lay in my bed...inside my house...with the heat/air conditioning on...and an indoor toilet." But like I said, have a great time! :)

Margo said...

rum can fix anything - even rain. take a deck of cards and nothing will ruin your weekend.
can't wait to hear about it.