Day 1-Introduce, recent picture, 15 interesting facts:
My name is Casey. I am in my late thirty's yet I SWEAR I can't be a day over 19 and I have the hormonal acne to prove it. I have been with my wiff (not quite my wife- YET)Mic for hmm.. 5 years now. Woah. 5 YEARS! huh! We met in the most rooomaannntiiicc way.. online. And, actually, I was too cheap (read: broke) to get my own account, so I had a friend at the time contact her for me. Somehow she fell for that. We live in a little house in Milwaukee. I am a total coupon addict, and like sewing and folk art rug hooking. Gah... I sound like a grandma, don't I?
The reason I have decided to start this 30 day blog challenge is because Mic and I are licensed foster to adopt parents. We have been waiting for placement for 5 months. I didn't think I would be waiting for longer than 5 days. I think I have completely driven myself insane with over thinking every.single.thing.I.do. and SURE I am jinxing ourselves from ever receiving placement.
So - I need to keep myself busy.
Lets move on:
15 Interesting Facts:
- I kissed my first boy at bible camp. That boy went on to manage bands that primarily plays in strip clubs.
- I used to sell sex toys at home party's.
- I used to work in a head shop.... and a porn video rental place...which also had tanning.
- My first girlfriend was married. The relationship included him... for about 3.5 minutes... then she moved out.
- I cry at almost every James Taylor song
- I also worked in a funeral home.. as well as repossessed cars. I have had more jobs than you have underwear.
- I never graduated college.
- I didn't get my drivers license until I was 18... but my parents let me drive myself to work when I was 16.
- I miss driving a mini van. I have owned 3.
- The best memories I have of my dad are riding on the lawnmower with him cutting the huge backyard singing at the top of our lungs. "OH I WISH I WEEERRRRE... AN APPLE ON A TREEEEEE" .. and "AND IF YOU ASKED HER WHY THE HECK SHE WORE IT.. SHE WORE IT FOR HER LOOVEERR WHO WAS FAAAR FAAR AWAY!!!" We had an awesome set list.
- I have some crazy thyroid condition that I thought, once I got under control, would make me skinny. That has yet to happen.
- As much as I pretend I don't... I really do love camping. I just wish we had a trailer of some sort... it doesn't have to be fancy at all. Just up off the ground a bit.
- I can't cook. Unless you want noodles, grilled cheese, or hamburger helper.
- I haven't ruled out the possibility of becoming a nun - especially if Mic dies before I.
- I am tired.
I realized I didn't take a picture last night so I took one this morning... For some reason it is making me laugh..