Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Labor Day

We did it up! Mic and I traveled to lands far far away--(Appleton) and spent some time with Greg and Maurice. Fun as always! Saturday we ventured even farther north to Shawano Lake! Holy crap, that is a big lake! Greg's parents live there and they graciously opened their home to us. They were SO NICE. They are my new favorite PFLAG parents! In real life they don't belong to PFLAG, but in my make believe land, they were my parents, and they attended the meetings, and they bragged about me, their lesbian daughter. They don't know that, and I don't really feel the need to tell them. its my secret life. They were wonderful hosts!

Anywho, they made us lunch, let us use their boat, took us out for a burger, let our dog run around like a crazy mutt loving every moment of being in the water (he even jumped off the boat -- with life jacket of course-- about 4 times!!)!! We enjoyed our day and then went back to Appleton to club it up. I got to meet up with some people that I rarely see.. and had some laughs. It was wonderful. Since I am really not drinking much anymore, I think I had two drinks the whole day/night- and the rest was water. It was SO NICE to be in clubs that don't have smoking. I don't know when Milwaukee is going to jump on that bandwagon, but I look forward to that day.

Sunday we came home early-ish and went right to work. This weekend it was our mission to get the garage scraped and painted, and the curtains and windows washed. This anniversary party is sneaking up on us!

Here is Maurice-- catching some rays.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You know, Oshkosh is in between Milwaukee and Appleton...wasn't sure if you knew that..