Monday, September 14, 2009

As I thought..

The wedding was absolutely beautiful...held in Como Park in St. Paul, MN....My cousin and his new bride had their very close friend (who happens to be a lesbian) get her "minister" license over the internet and she did the service. It was breathtaking. I have never been to a more personalized, from- the- heart service. Everyone was in happy tears from the moment they rode in on their bikes, to the time they rode away on a tandem bike with a "Just Married" sign on it.. she wore a beautiful brown strapless floor length dress... and for the ride out, pulled up her dress to show off some really fun lace leggings... adorable!

It was really touching when the minister gave a sort of run down about people who were involved with the service... and how everyone came together to create it... including her wife, Amelia. The service then officially started with her making a statement that Chris and Mandy realize they are very lucky to be able to legally get married, and they hope that soon everyone has that same right- that they support people in all kinds of relationships. (though, of course it was said in a very eloquent way) .... *TEARS*

There was a formal brunch afterward with a jazz band playing, and again, a million other totally unique and personal touches...

Holy cow.. everyone there were BEAUTIFUL, natural, granola-ish, people.

It forced me to see a personal trainer tonight.

I thought I was going to die.

That is a story for another day.

I had a fantastic weekend with my sisters and my mom... we had many many laughs, many stories to share with one another and I couldn't imagine spending a weekend with more amazing women. They are my heros...and I am lucky enough to call them family.


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

so fun and beautiful. I thought mine was unique, but not really when I look back on it. It was still great though. And looking at the people in the background of the picture....I don't know what you are talking about.

C.I.W. said...

YOURs had the BEST DANCING at a reception EVER. It still holds that title. I had SO MUCH FUN at your reception.. the dance floor was packed from the moment the music went on... what a great night!

Then I drank too much. But I think everyone did. I still think about that building and how beautiful it is..

C.I.W. said...

LOL.. it doesn't look like it from the people in that frame.. but the joint was packed with hippies :)

Anonymous said...

thank you for the comment. Im glad that you had a wonderful time at the wedding. I love that you got a personal trainer because of the wedding. Hilarious. I am trying to lose 20 lbs. 10 lbs for the weight I gained last time on gonal f and 10 lbs for the next time Im on it so I feel your pain!

Jen said...

That is so cool! What an awesome pic. So creative. And where's the picture of you from this wedding? Hmmm???

A said...

Sounds like it was beautiful. I've lived in Saint Paul, MN for 8 years and I've maybe been to Como Park once.

Anonymous said...

Can't you blog while you camp and drink rum?