(just part of the posting)....meditate on the gloriousness of these complications in the positive ways they affect you. For example how the smile of a stranger can brighten your day or how the old man you held the door open for last week said thank you...
I had an Oprah moment. I sat still for a second and it clicked. THAT is what I have been missing.. I have been pushing all the little bits of happiness to the side, and I have fallen into the pity party pit of 1. A party pit of many is a grand time-- but when it is just lil ol' me... booorrriinnggg.
On my ride to work I decided I would concentrate on the smalls. The lil'bits. The simple smiles. And today, I have.
As a previous commenter said about her situation while waiting for her daughter: the wait was hard... but she was waiting for the best.
Happy list for today:
- My dermatologist appointment went great, I got things removed that weren't supposed to be there and my new doc is hot in a hippy straight male sorta way...and I was given the all clear on my weird spots. Though, I felt like a geek sitting on his table with my bucket undies, my worst bra and a paper towel covering me and only one leg shaved because that is all I intended on showing him. He took it all in stride.
- one of my closest friends made "the" appointment for her and her partner to start their family rolling. eeeeep!!!!!!! :)
- Tomorrow I am ordering my rug hooking stand and I am going to the fabric store with my girls. Yeah. I get it. I am a granny. I love it!! :)
- Plans for the weekend are solidified
- Grandma B is going home from the hospital
Side note.. yanno when you get a twitch in your eye.. and you feel like everyone can see it- and you can't get it to go away. I have one in my left butt cheek. It has been there for 2 days... and it may drive me to the mental hospital.
Thank you all for sticking through this with me. xo