Sunday, December 21, 2008

made with love

Today has been a BUSY day!!!! I got some wrapping done while Mic re-did the bathroom. We are now sporting a chocolate bathroom with teal and brown accents. Its cute! She did a great job! Its the only bathroom we have, and I refuse to worry about what colors are going to make a room seem smaller, etc. We like darker colors. End of story.

I can only handle wrapping in bits, so I ended after I ran out of two rolls of paper. That was JUUUSSTT about when I wanted to stab the scissors through my eye. It helped that I had my ipod on so I could just zone while wrapping.

After that I thought I would work on some of my gifts for this year.... I got three done before I ran out of supplies. Tomorrow I am going to have to hit up Michaels and Hancock Fabrics for more shtuff.

Here is what I have done so far.

I have decided to take my family's last names and make them into whatnots :) I found the big chunky frames at Michaels for a steal, and the opening is an 8x10 - Got the different letters off of the internet.. mainly f*lickr... and added ribbon and putzies!

I think you can click on the picture to get a larger view..




I hope they like them.... We shall see!


We are going to have a quick dinner and then I am going to make S'more cookie bars.

I got them off of a recipe from a group over at Livejournal that I joined....

If anyone is interested... there are LOTS of recipes and the best thing.. PICTURES from the real people who made them..

http://community.livejournal.com/bakebakebake/1679193.html?#cutid1

6 comments:

Angie Lee said...

Those are SO cool! I wish I was as creative as you. I may steal that idea for next year. :)

C.I.W. said...

Steal away, chica!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I love those pictures! Very cool.

We too have a brown bathroom.

2momswithaplan said...

What a GREAT idea!!! I think your family will love those.

We also have a chocolate themed bathroom... when we moved into our house it was teal... yes.. I said teal. We removed all the fixtures and even the medicine cabinet, painted the walls a chocolate color and replaced the fixtures with an aged bronze type finish. It looks very warm and inviting! You should post pictures of your new bathroom... I would love to see it!

Anything with S'mores in it sounds delicious!

Anonymous said...

You two are so handy and get stuff done. I'm very impressed. Again, if Mic is looking for stuff to do....

C.I.W. said...

Thank you everyone :)

yer makin' me blush.....